(HealthDay News) -- High pollen counts can trigger sneezing, watery eyes, itching and coughing among people who are allergic.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology offers this advice:
- When pollen counts are high, avoid lots of time outdoors.
- If you have to mow the lawn or rake leaves, wear a dust mask.
- Immediately wash clothes that you wore during yard work. Don't wear them inside the home.
- Frequently clean or replace the air conditioner's filter.
- Don't dry clothing outdoors.
- If you plan a vacation, choose locations and seasons when pollen counts tend to be low.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.