(HealthDay News) -- If you want to avoid sneezes, sniffles and other signs of colds and flu, there are things you can do to help stop the spread of germs.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these suggestions:
- When around someone who is sick, avoid close contact.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose.
- Wash your hands well and frequently.
- Keep your hands away from your mouth, nose and eyes.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.