(HealthDay News) -- An asthma action plan is a written guide that explains how to manage your asthma, and instructions for when to call the doctor or head to the emergency room.
The American Lung Association says your asthma action plan should include:
- Basic personal information, including your name.
- Emergency contact information.
- Your health-care provider's contact information.
- Classification for your asthma's severity.
- A list of things that may trigger an asthma attack.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.